Have you ever considered taking kratom and Adderall? Well, there are many people who have thought about the same thing. There can be some benefits and downsides to taking both. I’ll give you a breakdown to help guide you to making the better choice!
Kratom is a natural opioid-like supplement that comes from an evergreen tree within Southeast Asia. Adderall is a psychotropic drug, which consists of amphetamine, that was first discovered in 1910. Unlike kratom, Adderall is a synthetic nootropic. Many Kratom and Adderall users combine both to get better sleep, enhance concentration, and much more. There are negative side effects to consider, such as delusion and respiratory problems.
Let’s get right into the burning question you have, first.
Combining Kratom and Adderall
Don’t get me wrong, taking kratom and Adderall can give you some great benefits. Keep in mind that this is only pleasant if you’re doing things the right way. If your doctor has already prescribed Adderall, take their recommended dosage for you.
But, taking Adderall without a prescription can be quite dangerous if you’re abusing or misusing it alongside kratom. Here are the main reasons you’d probably want to take both, the potential side effects, and the typical dosage of both.
There are tons of reasons people take both kratom and Adderall together. These reasons include:
- Helps boost concentration- This is one of the biggest reasons people combine kratom and Adderall. In the early days of Adderall, students were encouraged to take it for concentration and better performance in school. It definitely helps increase focus.
- Increases productivity- High concentration and focus allow you to be more productive and get things done. The kratom helps tone down the effects of Adderall but also gives boosts of energy.
- Kratom helps give a relaxing effect when taking Adderall- Some of those who take Adderall claim that they have trouble feeling relaxed or sleepy. Kratom helps calm the body and provides a nice soothing effect. Just be sure not to take the potent stimulating strains like some white and green kratom strains. I’d stick to red kratom strains.
- Feel-good effect- The balance of effects from combining kratom and Adderall might help you feel really good. Kratom can give euphoric effects and it’s possible that Adderall can make you feel the same.
It’s really important to be aware that mixing drugs and stimulants might cause you to experience negative side effects. I don’t recommend combining both, but some users do it anyway. Here are the common side effects of combining kratom and Adderall:
- Stomach Aches
- Trouble falling and/or staying asleep
- Dry Mouth
- Possible death or serious complications (if snorted, injected, or abused)
These are just a few of the side effects. Some might feel a number of those, others might not experience any.
Although I don’t recommend mixing both, there are a few tips you can follow when taking kratom and Adderall together.
The typical dosage for Adderall is anywhere between 5mg to 60mg per day. These dosages are usually broken down and taken around 1-3 times throughout the day. I’d follow your doctor’s advice on your own dosage amounts since it does vary per patient.
The usual dosage for kratom is between 1.5 grams to 10 grams in a day. But, I don’t recommend taking kratom on a daily basis because it increases the user’s tolerance quickly. I try my best to only take it when I really need it and limit myself to about 2 times a week.
Now, I can’t tell you how much to take of each. What I can give you are some tips.
- Low Dosages- When it comes to kratom, you should always start with a lower dosage. This low dosage is usually between 1.5-2 grams of kratom. You can slowly increase each time by about 0.5 grams. For Adderall, take the amount your doctor prescribes.
- Limit Uses- Definitely don’t make it a habit of taking both on a daily basis. If your doctor has you taking Adderall daily, then do so. Otherwise, I wouldn’t think it’s safe to combine both more than 2-3 times a week.
- Pick the Right Kratom Strain- Every kratom strain can feel different. It also completely depends on your weight, gender, and tolerance. I recommend taking a red kratom strain, like Red Maeng Da or Red Bali. The reds are typically more soothing and relaxing, so they’ll calm down the stimulation of Adderall.
What is Adderall and What Does it Do?
Like I mentioned earlier, Adderall is a synthetic psychotropic prescription drug. It consists of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine. It’s considered a stimulant. Many people with ADHD are prescribed Adderall.
It can lead to addiction, so it’s always best to stick to your doctor’s recommended dosage.
Effects of Adderall
Since I mentioned some of the negative side effects earlier on, let’s go over some of the positive effects.
- Possible Euphoria
- Increases Focus & Concentration
- Helps those with narcolepsy
- Keeps you awake/alert
- Boosts Productivity
Adderall is legal in the sense that it’s perfectly fine to take if prescribed by your doctor. However, it is illegal to possess Adderall without having a prescription because it’s considered a Schedule II substance.
If you find Adderall for sale online, be aware that it’s sketchy and illegal. It can potentially be dangerous.
Benefits of Kratom
Kratom is a natural stimulant that has been used for hundreds if not, thousands of years! It naturally grows in Southeast Asian countries and is used for a ton of different reasons. I personally like kratom because of the euphoric effects. On top of that, it helps relax my body and keep me calm while staying concentrated at work. Here are some of the benefits and effects that kratom provides.
- Soothing/Relaxing (Reds and greens are great for this)
- Helps increase concentration. (Use white or green strains for this)
- Euphoric/Boosts Mood
- Might help you socialize more.
These are just some of the few effects. Keep in mind that different strains will have different effects. Some might be better for you than others. It’s all about trying and exploring kratom in order to find what works best.
Kratom isn’t fully legal. It really depends on what state, county, and city you live in. Here are the places where kratom is illegal:
Arkansas, San Diego County (California), Indiana, Franklin City (New Hampshire), Rhode Island, Tennessee (only synthetic kratom is banned), Vermont, and Wisconsin.
Reddit on Kratom Vs Adderall
There’s a lot of debate on which one is better- kratom or Adderall? Of course, this is all going to come down to personal preference and your needs. Some find that Adderall does the job while others think kratom is more user-friendly. Here’s what people on Reddit are saying about Kratom Vs Adderall:
“Whole different level. Kratom doesn’t affect dopamine like amphetamines. Kratom is more like a strong ass coffee for me. Plus I can sleep on kratom. That’s not happening when I take Adderall, lol.” -Brdman_dareal1
“Adderall had 0 effects on me besides being unable to sleep. Seriously noticed nothing else, multiple times with multiple forms, including Vyvanse which also did nothing for me. My brother on the other hand strongly benefited from it. So to go on the point, even blood brothers can have completely different effects. Kratom is way better in every way for me.” -iBird
“I’m going to toss my experience in as well. When I first started taking kratom I got tons of energy but once I switched to a daily kratommer the energy leveled out (which is to be expected). Adderall on the other hand gives me a different type of energy, it’s not so much go go go but more awake, cool with working, cool with relaxing, cool with deep convos or cool with just driving. I guess Adderall does what it’s supposed to do for me while Kratom, in the past, was more like shotgunning 3 Red Bulls (now it’s like a cup of coffee). I don’t know if that helps any, I’ve just never had the opportunity to share my experiences.” -JEEPERS183
So, is it dangerous to take Kratom and Adderall?
It can potentially be dangerous to take Kratom and Adderall together, especially if you snort or inject Adderall. This can be deadly and very dangerous. However, it seems like people who are prescribed Adderall and then use a little bit of kratom alongside it find that it helps them relax. Adderall can be quite energizing and stimulating. Kratom, at low doses, can be relaxing.
Others think that kratom and Adderall counteract each other. Whatever the case, just be safe and take low dosages. Avoid using kratom daily and always talk to your doctor about mixing anything with Adderall. Kratom is a great option for those who are not on Adderall and is much more easily accessible.